Back on the mainland after a four hour cruise on the mailboat. Let’s just say it was an interesting week. I did manage to learn a few more things before leaving though:
1. Dead sharks make good eel bait, though smell more than a little unfortunate.
And yes, that shark lived in the bay you have been swimming in all week.
2. Stingrays have a web-like skeleton of cartilage, and a meaty texture when grilled.
3. Glowworm congregations are gorgeous, and shine like a shrine of constellations in a cup of cave, tiny and blue.
4. If you pull out the beloved angelica herb, you will be sent home. Like, now.
5. Dead! Possums! Everywhere!